Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Flings


1. Decided to feed my face this morning. Skipped the oatmeal and banana. And boogied as quickly as I could past the grumpy teens on their forced march to 'Tech High' (yeah, and I bet some of them dose their lunch breaks with assorted x-rated whatevers), past the speeding cars on their way across the bridge, past the embattled employees navigating towards the deep troubled waters along the banks of the blue and gold campus, past the apartment bldg where my ex once lived, the one with no elevator, and the neat stucco facade perched on the street that I drove down a hundred times cry cry crying those 96 tears (my therapist wanted to stand me up and slap me several times um I was horrified I could see it in her eyes as I played that song over and over again). Thousands of dollars later, with much better days ahead, there like a shining beacon (drop the e and it's a morsel of deliciousness)...my secret Friday hideaway. With the best donuts, oh yes, but with the all world, all Galaxy, morning bun. Flaky. Swirls of crunchy sugar crystals textured within buttery whorls of pastry, buffered by cinnamon and orange mist. Why, it makes the day all bright and chirpy.

2. Kinda along the same stream...Bill Clinton. Vegan? Does that seem right? This is the man who never met a burger he didn't like.

3. El Presidente. Taking several jabs on the chin this week. The collapse of the touted Solydra alternative energy plant filing chapter 11; this, the symbol of the economic recovery for the country, a bust. And the head scratching capitulation of the President to the Repubs...changing his address to Thursday evening so it wouldn't coincide with the 'phants debate. But uh, did any of the white house minions not know that the NFL goes live Thursday night? The 2011 season opens...the Packers vs the Saints? Hmm. Depressing economic news vs the funny pointed ball? I bet I know who crushes with the higher rating. The Man needs to field a better O line.

4. One of the best telly shows in it's 3rd episode on BBCA is 'The Hour.' Brilliant. With Domenic West, the great Jimmy McNulty of 'The Wire,' Ben Whishaw, an exceptional whip of an actor, and the beautiful Romola Garai (where has she been all my life)? It's a 6 episode series. Stream it if you can because the Brits know how to compose intelligent drama.

5. Monday. Honor Labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment