Friday, August 31, 2012

'You saw me standing alone...'

1. First hint of fall. Yesterday, shorts, flip flops and a chai boba tea. Today, hoodie and a cuppa of java. Blue Moon tonight..the second full moon in a month. The first one was on August 1st. Lots of cloud cover today. If you can peek, do it. The next one won't be until 2015. One of the greatest songs ever written, 'Blue Moon,' has been covered by Ella Fitz, The King and Cowboy Junkies, to name a few.

2. Cosmic irony that today is the funeral of Neil Armstrong...once in a blue moon, my man.

3. Stepping out tomorrow to scope out the renovated/retro-fitted Memorial Stadium. Over the years, fans jokingly played Russian roulette with the Hayward fault which runs right down the center, like a streaking half back, of the playing field. Would it or wouldn't it? Like the lyrics, 'should I stay or should I go..' No one really knew when the Hayward would go off. And so my friends, as I check out the new restroom facilities which were neither 'golden' nor fit for 'bears' in the glory years, rest assured that though hacked campus budgets and forced retirements may come and go, there will always be a 'resting place' (not in my parking lot, thank you rollingstones) for the deeper pockets, the athletic departments, of this world. Um, 'roll on you bears.'

No comments:

Post a Comment