Monday, December 10, 2012

As If....

1. I went back and forth...should I or shouldn't I toss gasoline on the flames, and dog pile my boos onto the cascading chorus. Cause, baby, anyway you try and spin it, the new UC logo is fucking awful. Alums are pissed; students embarrassed; and staff are circulating a petition to have it removed. Never have so many been so united over a cause. And that's damn hard to do in Berkeley. Seriously, was the logo designed on the farm in  Palo Alto? Because, really, it's a joke. Two vivid descriptions keep cycling to the surface: 1. a flushing toilet bowl. 2. a half assed C frozen in dial up modem hell. Come on, now. The University of California is one of the greatest public institutions in the land. Fix this! Someone put your big boy pants on, and take it back. Because the logo is the biggest WTF to ever hit the campus since 1968...

2. Two weeks ago, gully washer barreling down my street. Today, warm Indian summer weather. Down at the docks watching the ships stream by. Water glistening like jewels. I understand the allure of the ocean, the pull it might have on seafaring laddies. When I was in the islands last month, I saw the 'green flash' unexpectedly. Over the years, there were days I looked for it; eyes concentrating, the last rays of the sun sinking comfortably into the under belly. But on that day, I stepped out to the lanai,my mind filled with thoughts like: "I'm not eating enough greens, here. Or, am I in television hell? When is my fucking broken toe going to heal?"when the sun started to sink, and wham, in a precious nano second, the green flash zapped the horizon. All Lourdes like, priceless.

3. Manny Pacquiao. Manny. Manny. Manny. Mitt Romney and Ann visited his dressing room before the fight on Saturday night in Vegas. Knocked out cold in the 6th round for 2 minutes, maybe Manny should consider shaking up his pre-fight rituals. Just saying...


No comments:

Post a Comment