Saturday, December 29, 2012

Da Best of...

2012 is that annual predictions do not come true. While waiting for engagements to stir my fancy this year, a strange and delicious phenomenon happened to me...I read the entire Harry Bosch series by Michael Connolly. In a stupor. I couldn't get enough of the LA cop, Dupar's, Philippe's, Gorky's, Figueroa, etc. etc. Bosch was crack. I was living la vida film noir. My skin turned pasty. Who cared  what happened on CNN. After Bosch was there life, and other pulpy spines to crack. Yes! In no particular order the short list of good reads: 'Bring up the Bodies'. If you haven't read Mantel, start with 'Wolf Hall.' 'The Sisters Brothers,' by Patrick DeWitt. A Western nugget. 'Gone Girl,' by Gillian Flynn. JesusH! 'The Wild' by Cheryl Strayed. 'The Beauty of the Real,' by Mick LaSalle. And one stray from the past, 'Life,' by Keith Richards. A diamond in the rough. If you finished it, you can brag. I did. And I am. A hella of a bio which will make you marvel. And because we all like to watch, movies which were worthy of a big screen: 'The Dark Knight Rises.' ' Argo.' 'Bernie.' 'Moonlight Kingdom.' 'The Master.' 'Skyfall.' 'Farewell My Queen.' And, 'Django Unchained.' Ohhh, how that one plucked my spaghetti western heartstrings! To see them is to love them. Year of the Snake almost here, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment